CYPW Common Core units
If you are working towards the CYPW Diploma and taking the
Included in this guide are the Shared core units and the 7 mandatory CYP units.
Shared Core (SC1,2,3&4)
- Introduction to Communication in Children & Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Equality & Inclusion in Children & Young People’s Settings
- Engage in personal development in children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in children’s and young people’s settings
Children &Young People’s core (CYP)
- Understand child and young person development
- Promote child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of children and young people
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
The following resources are also included:
- Child development guides 0-19yrs across 5 areas of learning.
- How to write a risk assessment
- Example policies
- Safeguarding children information
- List of useful websites linked to this unit.
CYPW Common Core
Guided answers to each of the learning outcomes for the units listed. Written by an Assessor of the qualification.
Unique that allows you to see where you can reference across the units to save you time and work.
5 Developmental charts 0-19yrs
Useful websites linked to the units to allow for further research.
Different awarding bodies (CACHE, City & Guilds) May label the units slightly differently, this guide takes the form as written by the CYPW. The learning outcomes are the same regardless of the unit name. I have listed the units by their learning outcomes as well as their reference number making it easy to identify them.Examples of the Child development charts, Website and Cross referencing tables and of the guide itself are included in the Picture gallery